The latest home security installations are getting more capable every year. Even so, it’s still easy to forget to do simple security chores like activating your home security, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these tasks again? When you implement geofencing in The Woodlands, you can just leave the driveway and have your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In The Woodlands For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border a set distance from your house, which you may arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then tracks your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to interact with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries on all sides of your property and designate particular actions if you cross the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you leave your property, you could program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the components you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in The Woodlands. When accessing the ADT Control app, you can do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: program your smart components to operate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to turn down to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific devices come alive based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan if a smoke detector is set off. Or turn on your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera detects abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs lower, the A/C go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to arm the security system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in The Woodlands
Whether you’re looking for added peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (281) 595-9526 or send in the form on this page to get started on your perfect security system.