How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In The Woodlands
Security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—a display that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, today’s security cameras are armed with an array of features all tailor-made to enable comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools help you to have the most from security cameras in The Woodlands.
How To Set Up Your The Woodlands Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is mounting them in the right spots around your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented spots such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart idea to set a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should offer you a clear view of your porch, driveway, and patio, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that are less vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your family should be a major consideration before installing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in utilizing the all you can from home security cameras in The Woodlands. The additions listed below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device anytime strange motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to start filming when motions are discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to record and back up clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to speak to people via the device. With ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is a term for how much a lens can see, and provides a more exhaustive view of an area. Look for cameras that have at least 120° coverage or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and disregard traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the see unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in The Woodlands is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security rises from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (281) 595-9526 or submit the form below to start building your home security and camera system today.